About the Major
The Multidisciplinary Studies (MdS) major lets you tailor your education to meet your unique academic interests and career aspirations, allowing you to access courses from over 100 disciplines. MdS graduates work in a wide variety of settings, including business, nonprofit, education, and government. Regardless of your specific degree plan, MdS curriculum helps you to develop your creativity, self-motivation, ability to synthesize knowledge, and communication skills.
Read more about the major.
Common Entry Level Job Titles
- Director of Academics Sevices
- Regulatory Affairs Consultant
- Server Administration
Types of Employers
- Banks and financial institutions
- Government agencies
- Nonprofit agencies
- Research centers and universities
- Advertising agencies
- Self employment
Salary and Employment Statistics
Top Career Resources
In addition to these resources we recommend the following strategies to locate more information about careers related to your major:
- O*NET and Careerwise. These tools provide comprehensive information about a wide range of careers including typical duties, salaries, employment outlook, skills and interests.
- Locate professional associations related to your major or career interests by conducting a Google Search on “(career area/industry/keywords) professional associations.”
- Get involved in one of the many industry-related student groups on campus. These groups provide links to experiences, guest speakers, and discussion with like-minded students.
- Study Abroad Information for Multidisciplinary Studies
- Marketing Your Individualized Degree Workshop