Master of Landscape Architecture
About the Major
The Master of Landscape Architecture program prepares students for a career as a licensed landscape architect. The program provides students with the technical, cognitive and communication skills, as well as the scientific landscape architecture knowledge necessary to practice in the profession and in other environmental fields. Read more about the program.
Common Entry Level Job Titles
- Landscape Architect
- Project Manager
Types of Employers
- Architecture firms
- Garden centers and nurseries
- Government agencies
- Residential and commercial landscape firms
- Natural resource management firms
- Parks, sports and recreational facilities
- Universities and colleges
- Urban & regional planning organizations
Top Career Resources
- Summer 2020 Landscape Architecture Resources
- Minnesota Nursery and Landscape Association (MNLA)
Job postings, publications, and information on the MN Green Expo
- American Society of Landscape Architects
Job postings, career resources and directory
- League of Minnesota Cities
Directory of cities in Minnesota and job posting site.
- Association of Professional Landscape Designers
Resources related to the field, student membership, and information on education
In addition to these resources we recommend the following strategies to locate more information about careers related to your major:
- O*NET and Careerwise. These tools provide comprehensive information about a wide range of careers including typical duties, salaries, employment outlook, skills and interests.
- Locate professional associations related to your major or career interests by conducting a Google Search on “(Name of major/career area/industry) professional associations.” Try these keywords: architecture, design, environment design, CAD, drafting, landscape, planning, design, sustainable, urban, natural resource, environment
- Get involved in one of the many industry-related student groups on campus. These groups provide links to experiences, guest speakers, and discussion with like-minded students.