Master of Architecture
About the Major
The Master of Architecture program prepares students for a career as a licensed Architect. The curriculum covers advanced design processes, history, theory, and the integration of building technologies, digital media and environmental science to solve architectural problems. Read more about the program.
Common Entry Level Job Titles
- Intern Architect
- Junior Architect
- Project Architect
- Project Manager
Types of Employers
- Architecture and design firms
- Educational institutions
- For-profit companies
- Government agencies
- Nonprofits with emphasis in housing/construction
Top Career Resources
In addition to these resources we recommend the following strategies to locate more information about careers related to your major:
- O*NET and Careerwise. These tools provide comprehensive information about a wide range of careers including typical duties, salaries, employment outlook, skills and interests.
- Locate professional associations related to your major or career interests by conducting a Google Search on “(Name of major/career area/industry) professional associations.” Try these keywords: architecture, design, environment design, CAD, drafting
- Get involved in one of the many industry-related student groups on campus. These groups provide links to experiences, guest speakers, and discussion with like-minded students.