Manufacturing Operations Management
About the Major
A major in Manufacturing Operations Management prepares you for a career in the manufacturing industry. Students in the program gain knowledge and skill in the areas of manufacturing process and technology, quality engineering and process improvement, global supply-chain management, regulatory affairs, innovation, global business technology, business acumen, and management strategies.
Read more about the major.
Common Entry Level Job Titles
- Team Leader
- Materials Manager
- Project Leader
- Order Process Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Lead Technician
Types of Employers
- Global manufacturing companies
- Aerospace manufacturers
- Health product manufacturers
- Plastics manufacturers
- Printing companies
- Motor vehicle manufacturers
Salary and Employment Statistics
Top Career Resources
Job board solely for the manufacturing industry with the most relevant positions based on personal preferences
- Manufacturing Jobs
Search job postings from around the country by location, job type and more
- Manufacturing and Service Operations Management Society
Membership provides access to forums, journal, events, job listings, etc
- Production and Operations Management Society
Site includes journal, job listings, educational resources, and conferences
In addition to these resources we recommend the following strategies to locate more information about careers related to your major:
- O*NET and Careerwise. These tools provide comprehensive information about a wide range of careers including typical duties, salaries, employment outlook, skills and interests.
- Locate professional associations related to your major or career interests by conducting a Google Search on “(Name of major/career area/industry) professional associations.” Try these keywords: manufacturing, operations, management, aerospace, materials, supply-chain, business
- Get involved in one of the many industry-related student groups on campus. These groups provide links to experiences, guest speakers, and discussion with like-minded students.