About the Major
An Agricultural Education major prepares you for a career educating students and the public about the environment and agriculture. The curriculum teaches students how to motivate, supervise, coach, educate, and train others in a variety of classroom and/or business settings. Read more about the major. Visit the AgEd website.
Common Entry Level Job Titles
- Agriculture Education Teacher
- Corporate Agricultural Associate
- Customer Service Representative
- Extension Educators
- Program Manager
Types of Employers
- Agricultural business organizations
- Environmental centers
- Extension services offices
- Government agencies
- Middle schools and high schools
- Youth development organizations
Alumni Internship and Volunteer Contacts
Salary and Employment Statistics
Top Career Resources
- Master List of Agricultural Education Career Resources
- Minnesota Association of School Administrators
Includes job listings for all types of positions in Minnesota Schools.
Lists all school districts in Minnesota and links to district home pages where jobs are often posted
- The National Council for Agricultural Education
Promotes agriculture education and serves as a resource to multiple agriculture education organizations, especially the FFA.
- Ag Careers Newsletter
National and international job site with over 1,600 postings per month
- Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom
Information for agriculture educators including teaching resources and other links
- AgriGrowth Job Exchange Portal
Utilize this free job matching site to connect with internships and jobs based on your indvidual skills, interests, and requirements.