Agricultural Communication & Marketing
About the Major
An Agricultural Communication and Marketing major prepares you for a career in business or marketing for food and agricultural companies. The curriculum provides students a solid background in three core areas including communication studies, business management, and applied agricultural sciences. Read more about the major.
Common Entry Level Job Titles
- Business Analyst
- Commodity Merchandiser
- Financial Advisor
- Human Resources Specialist
- Insurance Underwriter
- Marketing Specialist
- Sales Representative
- Supply Chain Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Sales Representative
Types of Employers
- Agricultural business organizations
- Agriculture magazines/publications
- Banks and financial institutions
- Government agencies
- Market research firms
- Nonprofit agencies
- Research centers and universities
- Retail food companies
Alumni Internship and Volunteer Contacts
Salary and Employment Statistics
Top Career Resources
- AgriCareers Inc.
Includes national job postings for the agribusiness field
- United States Department of Agriculture
Jobs within USDA, links to agriculture agencies and news stories
- Ag Careers Newsletter
National and international job site with over 1,600 postings per month
- National AgriMarketing Association
Lists of member companies with links to their web sites
- American Marketing Association (National Chapter)
American Marketing Association (Minnesota Chapter)
Job postings, articles, conferences and resources related to the field of marketing
In addition to these resources we recommend the following strategies to locate more information about careers related to your major:
- O*NET and Careerwise. These tools provide comprehensive information about a wide range of careers including typical duties, salaries, employment outlook, skills and interests.
- Locate professional associations related to your major or career interests by conducting a Google Search on “(Name of major/career area/industry) professional associations.” Try these keywords: agriculture, communication, marketing, supply chain, sales, financial.
- Get involved in one of the many industry-related student groups on campus. These groups provide links to experiences, guest speakers, and discussion with like-minded students.