Health Management Job & Internship Fair
Attend this free virtual career fair to connect with employers in the health management field for full-time jobs and internships sponsored by ACR Homes and Benedictine. Prepare a resume, have your personal commercial ready, and dress professionally. You must register on GoldPASS powered by Handshake to attend.
Step 1: Register for the Job & Internship Fairs
- Go to GoldPASS powered by Handshake and select the Students & Alumni login button. Then log in using your Internet ID and password as you would with any other UMN site.
- To learn how to register read this article on registering for fairs or watch the first 2 minutes of this video on how to register for the fair.
Step 2: Update & Complete Your Profile
Set your profile to "community" to have complete access to both 1:1 and group sessions
- To do this, click the photo icon at the right-hand top of the screen on your GoldPASS powered by Handshake homepage, and select Settings & Privacy from the dropdown menu. Scroll down to the privacy section and select Community.
- See this article on Changing Student Privacy Settings for additional help.
Complete your profile to qualify for employer 1:1 sessions
- Go Under Education in “My Profile” to edit the following information
- Graduation date (called time period in GoldPASS)
- GPA * (employers can filter on cumulative GPA)
- Go Under the Name & Photo/Photo Placeholder in “My Profile” to edit:
- School Year (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, etc)
- Fill out Work Authorization under “Settings & Privacy"
- How to complete Work Authorization
Step 3: Sign up for sessions
- You’ll be able to sign up for different types of sessions with employers. Group sessions will last 30 minutes with up to 50 students to participate in a presentation/Q&A with employers. One-on-one sessions will be between you and one recruiter and will last 10 minutes.
- Need help signing up?
- Read this article on signing up for sessions
- Watch this 5-minute video on how to sign up for sessions
- Note: In order to see and qualify for sessions employers have available during the fair, you will want to ensure you’ve completed step 2.
Step 4: Upload a Resume to Your Profile*
- Employers will want to see your resume, and the only way for them to access it is through your profile. Make sure your resume is uploaded to your profile!
- Check out this 1-minute video on how to upload your resume.
*If you are a student who is hoping to explore the fairs and isn’t necessarily looking for job or internship opportunities, you do not need to complete these steps. However, we do highly encourage you to sign up for Group Sessions with employers to learn more about organizations, the work they do, and the opportunities they have for when you're ready to look for an internship or job.
Step 5: Review Additional Materials and Prepare Talking Points
- Review 10 tips you need to know about attending a virtual fair to help you feel prepared.
- See how to prepare for your virtual career fair elevator pitch for tips on how to introduce yourself to employers.
Day of the Fair
- Check out this article on what participating in a virtual fair will be like on the day of.
- Make sure your technology is all set up for the fair and go over the Handshake Video Requirements & Troubleshooting for Students article.
- Interested in signing up for more sessions the day of the fair? See the signing up for sessions article for a reminder on how to do this.
- Need to talk with a Career & Internship Services staff member during the fair? Drop-in to our Career Fair Student Help zoom meeting.
- Make an appointment with your Career Counselor before the career fairs.
- Attend a career fair virtual prep session or Resume Review Mania on September 28 or 29.
- For all other questions, email email@example.com.
Fairview Health Services
Monarch Healthcare Management
*Compiled weekly, see GoldPASS for an up-to-date list
Career Fair Preparation - Join to learn the best way to prepare for a virtual fair
- September 29 from 4-6pm
Resume Review Mania - Get your resume reviewed by email in this resume review event on
- September 28
- September 29
- October 12
Schedule an appointment - Would you like to meet with your career counselor to help prepare?