Job Search Preparation for Graduate Students: Workshop Series
- In preparation for your job search - participate in the series several semesters before you begin your search!
- Focus is on non-academic job search.
- Commitment to the complete series is highly encouraged (though not required). Sessions inform and support each other.
- All UMN graduate students are welcome!
- Earn a Certificate of Completion*.
Time: 5:15-6:30pm, Five Wednesdays:
- 10/12/16: Self-Assessment and Goal-Setting: FIRST steps! What are your strengths, skills, values? Where are you going, and why?
- 10/26/16: Job Search Preparation: ESSENTIAL: Employer research, relationship building (networking), position fit analysis.
- 11/2/16: Resumes, CVs and Cover Letters: TARGET your documents to get the interview!
- 11/9/16: Interviewing: PRACTICE, and get the offer!
- 11/16/16: Offer Negotiation and Professionalism: ONWARD! Treat yourself and others well.
*A Certificate of Completion is available to students in CCE, CFANS and CDES who attend all sessions and complete approximately 5 assignments/worksheets.
This no-cost workshop series replaces CFAN 5201, Job Search Preparation for Graduate Students (previously offered 1-credit course).