CFAN 3096 Registration Instruction
Internship Approval Instructions:
The instructions below step you through the Experience Agreement needed to gain approval of your internship in order to take the course. After gaining approval you will receive a permission number by email that will allow you to register.
For Fall Deferred classes, please do so immediately as course activities begin in June.
1. Log into (or create) your GoldPASS powered by Handshake account at http://goldpass.umn.edu.
2. Click on “Career Center” on the upper right side and select “Experiences” to access the form.
3. Click on “Request an Experience” then for Experience type, select “CFANS - CFAN 3096" first.
4. Follow the prompts to complete ALL the questions as best as you can. If you leave any questions blank, we may contact you for more information if needed.
5. Under Course Information, provide or select the following information:
|Number of Credits:||1|
|Term you will receive credit:||Spring, Summer or Fall (select the term you want to receive the credit)|
|Course Number:||CFAN 3096|
|Section Number:||Type in your preferred section number. Please note, internships done over the summer are eligible for the Summer Concurrent section OR one of the Fall Deferred sections|
|Internship Documentation:||Presentation, Small Assignments|
|Learning Goals:||Type in "To Be Determined."|
6. Enter your e-signature and click on the "Request Experience" green button to submit your Experience Agreement.
7. Be sure to tell your site supervisor to watch for the e-mail requesting their approval of the agreement. After your site supervisor approval is received, the form will be routed to your course instructor for approval.
8. Be sure to allow time for the approval process prior to the beginning of the course. Be advised, this can take a week.
9. As soon as approvals are received, you will be sent a permission number by email that will allow you to register for the course.
Dual degree students, please read:
Students who are enrolled in two different colleges (for example: CFANS and CLA) must email firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting this form to assure that the appropriate campus career center receives the request for approval. Failure to do so may result in a delay in processing your agreement.
Important Note for Summer Concurrent and Fall Deferred students: You must complete required summer activities, which begin in May/June.
Students who are undertaking experiences/internships in the summer and plan to take the deferred enrollment (fall) courses must complete several activities by deadlines throughout the summer. These activities include an online orientation, approval of learning goals, participation in mid-term evaluations and an informational interview.
Details about how to complete these activities will be available in Canvas as soon as you have registered. Failure to complete activities by deadlines will impact your final grade.
Contact Mari Ruddy, Career Services Internship Coordinator, email@example.com or 612-624-2710